7/28/2008

Dinner with the choglings

It is a joke among the Korean coteachers that the kids are little monsters, choglings. Chogling is a take off of zergling from Starcraft. The Cho is means elementary.

I did the oral part of the placement test for about 20 of the students. Some are quite good for their age. I asked them about where they live and go to school and what they like to do. Almost all the boys and many girls like sports. For the guys, it was almost always soccer. The girls had greater variety from tennis to swimming and baseball. All the girls seemed to like animals, especially puppies. One girl said she likes pigs beacuse they are fat (and therefore cute I guess).

At dinner it is our responsibility to help serve the meals. I dished out rice to helf the students and other teachers. I ate last, but I like it that way so if I want some extra kimchi I know I can take it. I sat down and talked with Ran and Stella who are coworkers with the other coordinators Hyoung, Shawn, and Eric.

I spent the evening trying to get the internet working for another lady on our floor named Haitie from South Africa. It connects but then the server blocks it after about 20 minutes prompting for her to install Symantec software. It is strange.

A different lady on our floor is named Elmarie. She is from Australia. She is LDS, and I am helping her to find the church building next Sunday we have off.

1 comment:

kagari said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDoiL9mkhSk