7/28/2008

Summer Camp Starts

Well, I'm finally connected to the internet in my room. I had to mess around with the IP and DNS numbers to get it to work but now it works.

This is my dorm room for the next three weeks until I move into my apartment. It is small and the AC does not work, but otherwise ok.











This is the view from the window.













We finally had our official meeting yesterday. I met all the other foreign teachers, about 20 in all. Some are here only for the summer camp while others will stay for the school year as well. There are several from South Africa, England, and Scotland. I am one of 4 or 5 from the US or Canada. We each have a Korean co-teacher who will help to corral the kids. Many co-teacers are quite good at English, but mine is just ok. She is a 21 year old female, English name Sally. She has a boyfriend though...too bad :{. Today I must wear my suit and greet parents and students at the entrance to the dormitory. Then I will help give a placement test to the students. After the placement tests they will tell me who will be in my class. It will be about 15 students. I am supposed to prepare an informative American culture lesson to give to my students in the 2nd week. I, of course, also want the lesson to help them with their English. Any ideas? So far, I have made just a maching game of big US companies like Boeing, Nike, Victorias Secret, etc...saying, What does each US company make? Airplanes, shoes, lol....

No comments: