8/17/2008

Apartment

The apartment building is very small with about 12 rooms on 3 floors. I am on the third floor next to a couple other foreign teachers. The layout is typical of a small motel room with the bathroom adjacent to the entryway.

This decoration covers most of the ceiling in the main room. Apparently there is a famous aspen grove on one of the mountains in Jeonju.
I am pleased to have my own washing machine.
The kitchen is small, and the fridge takes up quite a bit of the space, but it is functional, with a large sink.
This is my new rice cooker. It is a small one, so I don't have to cook more than a couple cups at a time. I got it for $70. Others at the store cost as much as $400. Koreans take their rice very seriously. This one has multiple different options for how to cook the rice as well as a clock so you can set it to automatically start cooking the rice before you get home from work.

No comments: